A vacancy exists for a Head of Global Trade Relations at South African Tourism’s
Head office in Sandton. This position reports to the Chief Quality Assurance Officer.
If you possess the required skills, experience and are an energetic team player
interested in joining a dynamic organisation committed to developing a better South
Africa, we invite you to apply.
· Develop and monitor the Global trade relations strategy
· Identify international trade opportunities and communicate to the relevant offices.
· Negotiate trade partnerships
· Participate on global marketing platforms to promote South Africa
· Develop and maintain business relationships with travel trade and trade associations.
· Develop and execute annual trade plans in line with SA Tourism objectives and key
account management principles.
· Liaise with key stakeholders to provide necessary support in securing more business
tourist to the destination.
· Establish leveraging opportunities based on the profile of delegates at meetings.
· Manage all SA Tourism trade platforms.
· Advance and execute trade familiarization tools that ensure the industry sell South Africa
· Produce reports on global trends and competitor trade activities
· Deliver routine reports on trade activities as per the business requirements.
· Manage, monitor and evaluate service provider companies.
· Manage the annual trade budget in accordance to company processes and procedures.
· Develop, manage and monitor the execution of trade relations operational plan against
set targets and KPIs.
· Conduct budgetary planning and management for the business unit and account for spend
on trade engagement activities.
· Ensure sufficient capacity and information is provided to staff within the business unit to
achieve set performance objectives.
· Manage employee related matters within the business unit.
· Negotiate trade contracts and complete relevant documentation for submission to the
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Travel & Tourism Management or equivalent
· A postgraduate or Master’s Degree in Trade & Tourism Management or equivalent
experience will be an added advantage
· 5-8 years’ experience in Trade Relations/Sales and Marketing or a related field, of
which 3 years should be in management position.
· Experience in marketing/trade relations and media environments. Tourism experience
will be an added advantage.
· Previous experience in tourist destination marketing organization is beneficial.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF
· Government priorities and imperatives
· The PFMA and regulations, and other relevant legislation – e.g. the National Strategic
Intelligence Act; the National Archives of South Africa Act; the Promotion of Access to
· Relevant legislation and regulatory requirements namely PFMA, Treasury Regulations
and Frameworks on performance information and strategic plans
· Communications and information management legislative requirements.
· All Public Service systems.
Detailed CV to be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: 31 January 2023
Should you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
No late applications will be accepted.