BON Hotels Takes Over Cape Town’s Grand Daddy
BON Hotels, the South African-based hospitality management group, has recently joined hands with the iconic Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel in Long Street.
Now known as the Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel by BON Hotels, this iconic city-centre establishment has been operating as a hotel since 1895. Previously known as the Metropole, it’s famous for its landmark Victorian architectural grandeur, its antique furnishings and elevator, its unique Rooftop Airstream Trailer Park and cinema, and the unconventional décor and vibe that is quintessentially Capetonian.
“It’s an honour for us to partner with this landmark hotel,” says Guy Stehlik, CEO of BON Hotels. “This is our second hotel in Cape Town, and we are looking forward to building the Grand Daddy legend. We know that international tourism is returning to South Africa and we are excited to be playing a role in putting the Grand Daddy back on the map.”
The Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel by BON Hotels is known for its unique accommodation experience, exceptional service and world-class hospitality. The new partnership is a step forward for both the hotel and the management company.
“We know that this is a great fit,” says Stehlik. “BON Hotels prides itself on developing its people and delivering the best service. We can leverage things like our loyalty programmes, staff development, community outreach and in-depth industry knowledge to improve the customer experience. The best thing about BON Hotels, is that each of our properties is so different, catering for different aspects of tourist or business travel. Grand Daddy is perfect for the visitor looking for something completely different and completely memorable.”
In terms of BON Hotel’s South African footprint, the Grand Daddy Hotel joins:
- BON Hotel Bloemfontein Central (Free State)
- Royal Palm Hotel and Apartments by BON Hotels (KwaZulu-Natal)
- BON Hotel Empangeni (KwaZulu-Natal)
- BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay (KwaZulu-Natal)
- BON Hotel Rustenburg (North West)
- Buckler’s Africa Lodge by BON Hotels (Mpumalanga)
- Shishangeni by BON Hotels (Mpumalanga)
- Mountain View by BON Hotels (Mbabane)
- Protea Hotel Durbanville (Cape Town, Western Cape)
- Cape Diamond Boutique Hotel by BON Hotels (Cape Town)
- Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel by BON Hotels (Cape Town)